London and National Flu Flu Service Registration
For the attention of ALL London Pharmacies
The registration process for the London Pharmacy Vaccination Service 2019/20 is now open
Please note: The Sonar platform should be used by all London Pharmacies for The National Advanced seasonal Influenza Vaccination service – with the updated GP contacts.
NHS England London require use of Sonar to notify GPs of ALL vaccinations.
The Local London Vaccination service is commissioned at the local level by NHSE (London Region) and covers the following vaccinations by Community Pharmacists:
- .The London seasonal Influenza Vaccination service– This service specification covers groups outside of those covered by the National Advanced Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Service. This local service requires the Pharmacy to use their own private PGD for seasonal flu. NHS England London require use of Sonar to notify GPs of vaccinations.
- The London Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccination service– This service specification covers specific groups which are outlined in the Local PPV service specification. This local service requires the Pharmacy to use the NHSE PGD for PPV.
With the updated GP contacts on Sonar, NHS England London require use of Sonar to notify GPs of vaccinations.
Amongst the requirements are:
- The Pharmacy will offer both vaccines to eligible patients in line with the service specifications
- Proactively target the groups named in the national flu letter and offer carers identified who are not in touch with other services, a referral to their local carer agency for further support
- Providers must be delivering the National Advanced service — this is a requirement for provision of the London Enhanced Flu service.
. To provide the local London Vaccination services (for seasonal flu and for PPV) pharmacies are required to register on Sonar.
The Registration link is at
Please review requirements, and view the SLAs and the PPV PGD — all of which you can download from Sonar and then complete process for registration asap